Monday, September 20, 2010

Branching Curls







Those of my classmates who sit next to me often would recognize that these branching structures resemble one of my favorite doodles. I love to draw intersecting spirals so for this project I decided to translate those doodles into a 3-d structure which I really enjoyed doing. I wanted the shadows to be a part of it, too since they create the same silhouette that I like to doodle so often. I added a texture onto my plane that i had found of an old book cover which i felt gave the scene the mysterious air of a fairy tale and the model started to remind me of the wild bushes.

I had a lot of fun playing with the different presets, but felt like gold was really fitting with the book texture so that is my favorite one.

No comments:

Post a Comment