Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Early Moon



This is my model to practice the shading techniques we learned in class. The blanket and jeans have a cloth bump applied to them. The grass and top part of the stone wall also have a bump map applied to them. I tried using a displacement map on the top of the wall but when rendered the top part of the box seemed to hover in the air and I'm not sure what I needed to tweak to fix that.The moon also has a bump and color texture on it but it is not apparent in the picture. I also used the ramp shader to create the half moon.
I did not create the tree or boots. The tree came from maya's pre-made objects and I got the boots online. I decided at the last minute to throw the character in so I did not have time to model my own shoes. I threw in the character to create a sense of mystery as to who and what this person is doing.

-Michael Morua

No comments:

Post a Comment