Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Quick Swim and Shiny Sculpture






For this form I started with a sphere and deleted faces to see what shapes it would make. I went back and instead of deleting faces I extruded them in to create those crater like holes on the creature. I then added some teeth and tentacle like forms to it. I originally wanted to put the creature in a tank and make it look like it was on display at a aquarium but I had issues with making bodies of water and having objects inside of them. So I scrapped that idea and used lights and a volumetric cube to fake the underwater look.






For this form, I experimented with repeating patterns and eventually found a process that lead me to this sculpture. I repeated the same extruding process and vertex merging until I was unable to go any further(the vertexes eventually became smaller and smaller which made it difficult to line them up with the ones to merge with). I like the way this turned out and some close up shots look like Venom's webbing from Spider-Man 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment