Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Straightest Branches Ever & What It's Like to Live Inside a Super Ball



I focus most intently on color and light in the renderings for Homework Assignment Number 1, as so many of my past attempts have been practically unreadable when projected in class. The image above is of an orthogonal branching system, repeated and stacked and lit up like the bejeezus. I used a combo of mental ray car paint, a gold mosaic tile file and a clouds (?) bump map for the environment which results in what to me looks like a flare at the summit of the structure.

Okay, but then this one - about which I am really excited.




The first image is the real money shot, in my opinion. I was so surprised when my watery little clusters projected onto the environment in that way. I like to think that this little scene is what goes on inside those glittery super balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment