Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mitosis


This scene is of a step in mitosis and the process of the cells dividing. I wanted to test out more "cellular" materials, so that's why I decided on this. I included renders of three different lighting set-ups. The first is a set up with 3 spot lights. Then I tried placing volume lights within the cells themselves and that is shown in the second render. In the final render, I placed a directional light underneath the cells shooting up through them. I turned shadows on, but this isn't an ideal environment for testing shadows I suppose. A couple questions I ran into: 1. Is there a way to "cap" an area of deleted polygons? 2. Is there a quick way to turn on/off lights?

1 comment:

  1. 1. Is there a way to "cap" an area of deleted polygons?

    If you are talking about a hole that you would like to close up in your geometry then here is what you do. All you need to do is right-click on the object, choose "edge mode," select the edges where the hole is, click on "mesh" in the top menu, and lastly "fill hole."


    2. Is there a quick way to turn on/off lights?

    In the channel box you will notice "visibility" at the bottom under translate, rotate, scale. Click on the light you want to turn off and in the visibility option it will read "on" just simply click that and type off or 0 and it will turn off the light, 1 will turn it on again or of course type "on".

    Hope that helps.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete